Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Explaining Neural Networks as a corporation chain of command, revisited.

 I have seen a standard presentation of NN using brain functioning, and I know that a number of people get impression that one should know biology to understand NN inner structure and works. It is not so. I did a post with a simpler analogy for NN:

Neural Networks as a Corporation Chain of Command

I discovered that in addition a lot of people express a desire for the NN results to be more explainable by its inner functioning. I believe that my analogy is helpful for this, too and I added a conclusion to my post about it. You can see it below.
 
 As we know, a company success is defined by its top management. They select a company structure and define an inner company policy, which middle management adapts and directs further by usual means. We know that an industry leader could originate due to a chance, a lucky initial idea. But its following performance is a learned behavior. People use experience of other company managers combining it with their own trial & error process.

No comments:

Post a Comment